When supplying your own artwork files, the following considerations must be taken into account:
Sending us files
- Our Preferred format is: Tiff
- Other file types that may be acceptable are: psd, pdf, cdr, eps, jpg, ai. (It is recommended that a tiff version of the same file is supplied at the same time for corroboration).
- All supplied files “must” be 1:1 in scale.
- Minimum File Resolution: should be 300 dpi.
(Lower resolution files may be acceptable in some cases, if in doubt, please submit your files for assessment.)
- We can accept vector or rasterized images but please supply any font files that might be required for your artwork
Colour and Composition of you Artwork
- IMPORTANT: If Colour Matching is critical to you, CMYK format is advisable.
- If Spot Colouring is required, please provide a colour code or name in CYMK format.
- Only the to-be-printed components should be present on artwork layout, or artwork should be layered so non printing elements could be easily omitted.
- When colours other than white or black are to be printed on media other than white, layered artwork should be supplied.
- All printed elements on your artwork file should be placed in a different layer to the background layer. Should this not be possible, all backgrounds or non printing elements should be 100% white and NO other colour present.
- When printing white text or lines, a negative image would be advisable. (All printed elements should be black on white background)
- Embossing. (Some levels of embossing can be achieved through printing, and can be applied to different areas of the printed surfaces).